Eidos : a journal of painting, sculpture and design.
- London : Newman Wolsey on behalf of Eidos, 1950.
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN1 .E4 1950+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes articles on contemporary artists such as Barbara Hepworth and Ben Nicholson, and on the Institute of Contemporary Arts.
Edited by Margot Eates and E. H. Ramsden.
BAC: British Art Center copy complete in three volumes. In publisher's original printed wrappers.
"For although we are as yet too near to the work of our own time to be able to make categorical judgments about it, we may nevertheless be confident that when the dross has been purged away (and there is plenty of it), the art of to-day will be found within the perspectives of history to be neither more nor less inglorious than the contribution of any other period. Without partiality and without prejudice, Eidos therefore takes the whole world of painting, sculpture and design, ancient and modern, eastern and western, for its province and would seek in principle to serve them all."--No. 1, page 3.
- Subject Terms:
- Design -- Periodicals.Hepworth, Barbara, 1903-1975.Institute of Contemporary Arts (London, England)Nicholson, Ben, 1894-1982.Painting -- Periodicals.Sculpture -- Periodicals.
- Periodicals -- England -- 1950.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.