Simeon, Margaret, The history of lace , 1979
The history of lace / Margaret Simeon.
- London : Stainer and Bell, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 144 pages : illustrations ; 23 x 28 cm
- Reference LibraryNK9406 .S55 1979 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 141) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Lace and lace making -- History.Lace and lace making.
- I. Lace-makers and designers and their patrons.
- II. Early lace: the sixteenth and early seventeenth centuries.
- III. Mid and late seventeenth century: the richness of the Baroque.
- IV. The eighteenth century: Baroque to Rococo, and the Classical Revival.
- V. The nineteenth century: hand-made lace in the machine age.
- Appendix: collecting and care of lace.