Illustrated pattern-book of silver goods, electro-silver plated goods and cutlery : also of japanned goods, bronze and ormolu goods, ironmongery, lamps, etc.
- Additional Title(s):
At head of title: Silversmiths, electroplaters, and cutlery manufacturers
- London : Printed at the Art Journal Office, [approximately 1881]
- Physical Description:
- , 156 pages : illustrations ; 38 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK7240 .S5 1881+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Some of the wood-engraved illustrations are printed with one or two tints of color, including silver.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's purple cloth.
Trade catalog of goods for sale by the firm of Silber & Fleming Ltd. (London). Contents include a vast array of electro-silver plated wares, with the sterling silver element limited to the first ten pages of the catalog. Mostly depicted are an array of tableware and cutlery suitable for wedding gifts, presentation, or embellishments of the home. At the end of the volume is an assortment of clocks, lamps, writing desks, glass, ironmongery of all sorts, tools, spectacles, and magic lanterns. Pages 138-144 includes products made by the Silber Light Company, including lamps fueled by petroleum, paraffin, and kerosene.
- Subject Terms:
- Cruets -- Catalogs.Flatware -- Catalogs.Lamps -- Catalogs.Magic lanterns.Metal-work -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Silber & Fleming Ltd. (Firm : London, England) -- Catalogs.Silber Light Co. -- Catalogs.Silver-plated ware -- Catalogs.Silverwork -- Catalogs.Tableware -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.
- Trade catalogs.
Wood engravings -- 1881.
YCBA Collections Search
Silber & Fleming Ltd. (Firm : London, England), Illustrated pattern-book of silver goods, electro-silver plated goods and cutlery , [approximately 1881]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.