Silber & Fleming Ltd. (Firm : London, England), Illustrated pattern-book of silver goods, electro-silver plated goods and cutlery , [approximately 1881]
- Illustrated pattern-book of silver goods, electro-silver plated goods and cutlery : also of japanned goods, bronze and ormolu goods, ironmongery, lamps, etc.
- Alternate Title(s):
- At head of title: Silversmiths, electroplaters, and cutlery manufacturers
- London : Printed at the Art Journal Office, [approximately 1881]
- Physical Description:
- , 156 pages : illustrations ; 38 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK7240 .S5 1881+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Trade catalog of goods for sale by the firm of Silber & Fleming Ltd. (London). Contents include a vast array of electro-silver plated wares, with the sterling silver element limited to the first ten pages of the catalog. Mostly depicted are an array of tableware and cutlery suitable for wedding gifts, presentation, or embellishments of the home. At the end of the volume is an assortment of clocks, lamps, writing desks, glass, ironmongery of all sorts, tools, spectacles, and magic lanterns. Pages 138-144 includes products made by the Silber Light Company, including lamps fueled by petroleum, paraffin, and kerosene.
Some of the wood-engraved illustrations are printed with one or two tints of color, including silver.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's purple cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Cruets -- Catalogs.Flatware -- Catalogs.Lamps -- Catalogs.Magic lanterns.Metal-work -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Silber & Fleming Ltd. (Firm : London, England) -- Catalogs.Silber Light Co. -- Catalogs.Silver-plated ware -- Catalogs.Silverwork -- Catalogs.Tableware -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.
- Trade catalogs.
Wood engravings -- 1881.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.