Cooke, George, 1781-1834, [Domestic animals from the most esteemed Masters], 1815
[Domestic animals from the most esteemed Masters].
- [London] : Engraved & published by George Cooke, 1815.
- Physical Description:
- 20 prints in 1 volume : etchings ; volume 29 x 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC780 .C66 1815+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Issued without text or title page.
Each plate accompanied by original tissue guard.
Imprint from the foot of each plate.
Etchings in this set were republished, with 10 additional etchings, as: Animals after the first masters : for examples in drawing / by George Cooke (London: Moon, Boys and Graves, 1829).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary reverse calf with blind-stamped borders and central panel. Armorial bookplate: Thomas B.C. West.
Twenty etchings of livestock after 17th- and 18th-century Dutch artists, including Nicolaas Pietersz Berchem, Aelbert Cuyp, Christian Wilhelm Ernst Dietrich, Karel Dujardin, Aert van der Neer, Paulus Potter, Heinrich Wilhelm Schweickhardt, and Dirck Stoop.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals in art.Drawing books -- Specimens.West, Thomas B. C. -- Bookplate.Zoological illustration -- Great Britain.
- Etchings -- 1815.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.