9-5 / Chisato Tamabayashi.
- Additional Title(s):
Nine to five
- [London?] : [Chisato Tamabayashi], 
- Physical Description:
- 20 pages : color illustrations ; 40 x 25 cm + + 3 volumes
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2019 11Yale Center for British Art, acquired with funds from the Bequest of Daniel S. KalkView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Issued in a limited edition of 10 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 6 of 10, signed and numbered by the artist. Accompanied, in a wooden box, by the pieces of paper that were cut from the page in the making of this work (gift of the artist).
"This is a book of hand-cut images. The work is of 2 halves, one half of 20 pages; the second half of 3 miniature books (6/7 pages each), nesting inside the book cover. As you turn the pages, you see the shapes and colours of the tree transforming through the seasons. The miniature books illustrate smaller transformations of the tree at different speeds and times. Throughout this work, I wished to communicate the repetitions, beauty, the play and the struggles of life, not simply of the tree, but of any life."--http://www.chisatotamabayashi.com, accessed May 24, 2019.
- Subject Terms:
- Forest canopies -- Pictorial works.Life.Seasons.Trees -- Pictorial works.Trees -- Seasonal variations.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.