IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Philips' anatomical model of the female human body , [circa 1895?]
Philips' anatomical model of the female human body : an illustrated representation with full and descriptive letterpress / edited by William S. Furneaux ...
- Additional Title(s):
Anatomical model of the female human body
Cover title: Philips' model of the human body (female)
- London : George Philip & Son ; Liverpool : Philip, Son & Nephew, Ltd., [circa 1895?]
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 49 x 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2019 12Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Printed in Bavaria."--Front cover.
An anatomical flap book, with two sets of anatomical illustrations pasted to the rear cover. The first set, "A front view of the body," depicts: internal organs; the heart and blood vessels; the muscles, front view; the internal organs; the posterior muscles; skeleton, anterior view; the skeleton from behind; and the nervous system. The second (smaller) set, "A side view of the human body," depicts: the muscles; the skeleton; section of the female body.
- Subject Terms:
- Human anatomy -- Atlases.Women -- Anatomy -- Atlases.
- Lift-the-flap books.
Anatomical flap books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.