Jay, Bill, Sun in the blood of the cat , 
Sun in the blood of the cat / by Bill Jay.
- Tucson, AZ : Nazraeli Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 157 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Reference LibraryTR57 .J39 2001 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "This is the third anthology in a series. The previous two were 'Cyanide and Spirits' and 'Occam's Razor'. The illustrations are montages made from copies of 19th century wood engravings which are then cut and pasted into the end results. Many of the articles in this anthology were originally published in various journals, including 'LensWork', 'The History of Photography', 'The British Journal of Photography', 'Creative Camera', 'Photo Techniques', 'European Photography', and others. A couple of them were originally written as introductions to monographs by photographers, including Sue Packer and Michael Kenna"--Acknoledgements.
Includes bibliographical references.
Also issued online.
- Subject Terms:
- Fotografi -- essäer.Fotografi -- teori, filosofi.Fotokonst -- essäer.Jay, Bill.Photographers.Photographers.Photography -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Photography, Artistic.Photography, Artistic.Photography.Photography.
- Pointing a finger at the moon
- Photography by degrees
- How to be famous, sort of
- Footnote to fame
- Ferenc Berko
- The black art
- The curious case of the combination portrait
- Women in photography
- Infantry tactics
- Back to the future
- Aaron Scharf
- Artists: rebels without a cause
- Beaumont Newhall
- Memento Mori
- After the rapture: Michael Kenna
- Photographers as exhibitionists
- Arnold Newman