Young ladies' journal complete guide to the work-table , 
- Young ladies' journal complete guide to the work-table : containing instructions on Berlin work, crochet, drawn-thread work, embroidery, knitting, knotting or macrame, lace, netting, poonah painting & tatting ; with numerous illustrations and coloured designs.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Complete guide to the work-table
Complete guide to the worktable
- Ninth edition
- London : E. Harrison, 
- Physical Description:
- iv, 136 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT750 .Y68 1892Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Originally issued as supplements to The Young Ladies' Journal entitled "Complete guide to the work-table."
With four inserted chromolithographed "colour supplement" illustrations.
Edition statement from cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gold-stamped brown cloth. With four pages of commercial advertisements bound in before and after text.
- Embroidery : also full directions for silk, crewel, and arrasene work -- Crochet : full directions for plain and fancy crochet, tricot, hairpin-work, etc. -- Guipure netting : full directions for guipure netting -- Knitting : full directions for plain and fancy knitting -- Point lace -- Instructions in Poonah painting on velvet, silk, card, paper, or wood -- Knotting or macramé -- Tatting -- Drawn thread work, &c. -- Berlin work -- Fancy netting.
- Subject Terms:
- Crocheting.Embroidery.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Knitting.Lace and lace making.Macramé.Needlework -- Patterns.Needlework -- Study and teaching.Netting.Painting.Tatting.
- Wood engravings -- 1892.
Chromolithographs -- 1892.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.