Cupples, George, Mrs., 1839-1898, The stocking-knitter's manual , 
The stocking-knitter's manual : a handy book for the work-table / by Mrs. George Cupples.
- Edinburgh : Johnstone, Hunter, and Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 32 pages : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT820 .C87 1872Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With an advertisement on back cover for A knitting book of counterpanes, toilet covers, pincushions, and other articles of fancy work. By Mrs George Cuppples.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's chromolithographed boards. With a list of works published by Johnstone, Hunter, & Co. on  pages before and  pages after text. Autograph (on front cover): Mrs. Haworth, Didsbury.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Haworth, Mrs. -- Autograph.Hosiery.Knitting -- Patterns.Needlework -- Patterns.
- Wood engravings -- 1872
Chromolithographs -- 1872.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.