John Dickinson & Co, John Dickinson & Co. paper samples and paper pulp, circa 1900?
- John Dickinson & Co. paper samples and paper pulp.
- circa 1900?
- Physical Description:
- 1 box ; 33 x 29 x 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFlat B 19 (In Process)Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- A wooden sample box containing six glass jars of paper pulp, labeled as follows: Esparto (half-stuff) -- Rag (half-stuff) -- Mixed pulp (ready for paper machine) [empty] -- Wood-pulp (Populus grandidentata), as from Scandanavia, Canada, etc. -- Wood (half-stuff). The glass jars, each 9 cm in circumference and 19 cm tall, have glass stoppers and are placed in six slots that occupy the bulk of the box interior.
A thin slot remains at the front of the box, into which are placed a copy of The firm of John Dickinson and Company Limited (London: Chiswick Press, 1896) and four folded paper samples.
Restricted fragile material. Use requires permission of the Curator of Rare Books and Manuscripts.
- Subject Terms:
- John Dickinson & Co.Paper industry -- Great Britain.Papermaking -- Great Britain.
- Stuff (pulp)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.