[Oetzmann & Co. furniture catalog].
- Additional Title(s):
Cover title: Oetzmann et Cie. de Londres
- Bruxelles : [Oetzmann & Co.], [1897?]
- Physical Description:
- 155,  pages : illustrations ; 18 x 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHF6161.H77 O37 1897+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The catalog was probably published soon after Oetzmann & Co. won a "Diplôme de Médaille d' Or" at the Exposition Internationale de Bruxelles in 1897. Pages 2-3 contain a view of their exhibition stand and a copy of their "Diplôme."
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's illustrated wrappers. Accompanied by an advertisement for Oetzmann's "Table automatique."
The catalog includes illustrations of many types and styles of furniture including several room settings, chairs, tables, desks, bookcases, dressers, bedroom furniture, and sideboards. Some of the designs are early Art Nouveau, but still bearing a Japanese influence.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament.Furniture -- Catalogs.House furnishings -- Catalogs.Interior decoration.Oetzmann & Co. -- Catalogs.
- Trade catalogs.
Wood engravings -- 1897.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.