IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Econasign Co., Ltd. (London, England), The "Econasign" , [ca. 1928?]
The "Econasign" : bijou super outfit.
- Made in England : [Econasign Co.], [ca. 1928?]
- Physical Description:
- 6 stencils ; each 12 x 25 cm, in volume 26 x 13 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT270 .E26 1920+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Advertisements for similar models of the Econasign appeared in advertisements ca. 1928 (in the Library World and New Library World).
"British Patents no. 176525, no. 282895 ..."--Front pastedown.
Six acetate stencils, housed within Econasign's original folder (or volume), bound in blue cloth and imitation reptile skin, with the product name stamped in gold on the front cover. The stencils include letters of the alphabet, numbers, and common symbols. Instructions on the front pastedown mention use of a brush and "Damping Pad," not present.
- Subject Terms:
- Signs and signboards.Stencil work.Stencils (tools)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.