The night-flyers : a series of moth pictures.
- London : Paul Jerrard & Son, 170 Fleet St., [ca. 1860?]
- Physical Description:
-  pages : hand-colored illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL543 .N544 1860+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The general text is printed in pink. The text of headings, title page, presentation page, publisher's advertisements (p. ), and floral borders are printed in gold.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's caoutchouc binding, with gilt-stamped decoration on front cover; rebacked. The presentation page is inscribed: "Our dear mother, Mary Anne Cay, her affectionate children, William, Matthew, Robert & Mary Anne, December 25th, 1861."
- Subject Terms:
- Cay, Mary Anne -- Ownership.Moths -- Pictorial works.Natural history.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1860.
Caoutchouc bindings (Binding)
- The deathshead moth
- The ghost moth
- The red under-wing
- The tiger moth
- The yellow under-wing
- The night moth
- The marsh moth
- The peach-blossom moth
- The puss moth
- The eggar moth.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.