Quelle nützlicher Beschäftigungen zum Vergnügen der Jugend, 1852-
Quelle nützlicher Beschäftigungen zum Vergnügen der Jugend. Neue Folge / herausgegeben von C.W. Döring.
- Carlsruhe : Chr. Fr. Müller'sche Hofbuchhandlung, 1852-
- Physical Description:
- volumes : illustrations (lithographs) ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .Q84 1852+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The editor, Christian Wilhelm Döring, was the founder of a toy, paper and stationery shop in Karlsruhe. He published a similar periodical under the same title between 1834 and 1839; in the last issue of that periodical he noted his intention to stop publication for a few months. Publication ceased until the new periodical described here.
Likely ceased publication after 1. Bd., 4. Heft.
Volume 1 (vi, 136 pages) Includes 35 lithographic plates -- 7 double-page or folding, two with additional printing in gold).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary cloth-backed marbled boards, spine with manuscript lettering-piece.
Contains a number of cut-out plates for producing games, optical toys, a paper theater, transformation prints, craft and artwork projects. The text includes riddles, tips on how to imitate thunder, card tricks, and instructions on how to make gas from mineral coal in a heated clay pipe.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's periodicals, German.Games.Paper toy making.Paper toys.Paper work.Toy theaters.Toys.
Lithographs -- 1852.
Wood engravings -- 1852.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.