Svenungsson, Jan, Making prints and thinking about it , c2019
- Making prints and thinking about it / Jan Svenungsson.
- First edition.
- Berlin : De Gruyter, c2019.
- Physical Description:
- 223 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), facsimiles, maps, portraits ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.Sv473 A12 2019 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes index.
The book presents the entire graphic works of the artist Jan Svenungsson, who has been responsible Graphics and Printmaking at the University of Applied Arts in Vienna since 2011, accompanied by a text that seamlessly combines practical information, stories and speculations in an entertaining way. His overarching objective is to critically discuss the meaning of graphic prints in contemporary art, and more specifically: to illuminate the role of single-handedly "making" them - at a time when the conditions for exercising creativity are undergoing rapid change: What are the implications of the tools the artist selects? What does authenticity mean in today's art? How does the role of the artist change when he makes himself dependent on artificial intelligence?
- Subject Terms:
- Svenungsson, Jan.Svenungsson, Jan.