He-she-it : Egyptian court chronicle B.C. 1302 : a veracious and truthful version preserved and transcribed for general use by the peerless poet laureate of his late majesty Rampsinnet III ... / designed by C.M. Seyppel.
- Additional Title(s):
Egyptian court chronicle
- [London] : [Elliot Stock], 
Düsseldorf : F. Rangette & Söhne
- Physical Description:
- , 42 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1509 .S49 1884+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Seyppel used a method of his own design to create books resembling much-used artefacts, with the appearance of old and decayed paper, faux foxing, water staining, chipping, and mildewing. The present edition is printed on thick paper imitating in color and appearance a damaged papyrus.
The publisher's name appears on the front cover as: "Toyle Kots" [i.e. Elliot Stock].
Translation of: Er-sie-es.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original brown hessian sackcloth, with wax seal mounted on upper cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Germany.Egypt -- Civilization -- To 332 B. C. -- Fiction.German wit and humor, Pictorial.German wit and humor, Pictorial.
- Lithographs -- 1884.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.