Is this tomorrow? : visions of the future by architects and artists.
- Additional Title(s):
Whitechapel Gallery : Is this tomorrow?
- London : Whitechapel Gallery, 2019.
New York : ARTBOOK, D.A.P., .
- Physical Description:
- 160 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm and  pages ; 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN72.A75 T45 2019+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Published on the occasion of the exhibition, Is This Tomorrow? Whitechapel Gallery, London, 13 February-12 May 2019, MAAT, Lisbon, summer 2020."--Page 160.
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound accompanied by booklet,  pages, describing the exhibition.
"Ten experimental propositions from leading artists, architects and other cultural practicioners respond to urgent issues we face in the twenty-first century. Using strategies as diverse as digital modeling, hand drawing, poetry and screenshots, they imagine scenarios in which queer desire, house music and fracking meet on a mountainside; grief and microbes generate new possibilities for housing; or machines dispense objects and emotions to support our place in the technological world of tomorrow. Is This Tomorrow? takes as its model Whitechapel Gallery's landmark exhibition and publication This is Tomorrow (1956), which featured contributions from architects, painters and sculptors working collaboratively in small groups ... Newly commissioned essays from curators and writers Iwona Blazwick, Pedro Gadanho and Lydia Yee situate the project within a cultural, historical and political context."--Inside of back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Artistic collaboration -- Exhibitions.Exhibitions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Future in art.This is Tomorrow (1956 : Whitechapel Gallery)
- Spiral bindings (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.