Barber's picturesque guide to the Isle of Wight; illustrated by forty-five views and maps engraved on steel. Including a geological map of the island by Dr. Mantell.
- New ed., completed to the end of 1850.
- London, Henry G. Bohn, 1853.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., ii, , 124 p. plates, port., 2 fold. col. maps. 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 W6 B3 1853View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Maps engraved by Jas. Bingley and J.W. Lowry. Plates drawn by the author, W.H. Bartlett, and Jarman; engraved by S. Fisher, Hinchliff, J. Jones, E. Radclyffe, Jas. Tingle, W. Wallis, W. Westwood, and H. Winkles.
BAC : Some plates published by Simpkin & Marshall.
BAC : "Description of the geological map of the Isle of Wight. By Gideon Algernon Mantell." iv p. between p. 106 and 107 should perhaps be part of preliminary matter.
Added t.-p., engraved.
- Subject Terms:
- Isle of Wight (England) -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Barber, Thomas, active 1818-1846, Barber's picturesque guide to the Isle of Wight;, 1853
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.