Hardwicke Knight : through the lens / compiled by David Murray and Sean Naghibi, introduction by Meg Davidson.
- Additional Title(s):
Through the lens
- [London] : August Studio, 
- Physical Description:
- 222 pages : chiefly colour illustrations, colour portraits ; 22 x 16 cm
- Reference LibraryDA667 .K55 2018 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "Photographer Frederic Hardwicke Knight, born in London in 1911, spent the second half of his long, eventful life in New Zealand but retained a profound love for the country of his birth. Whether working or holidaying he was rarely without his camera. These colour slide images published in hard copy for the first time will transport the viewer back to the England of the 1950's; an England of royal celebrations, London street scenes, villages unsullied by tourism and modes of transport and architecture now swept away by the tides of time. This fascinating compilation comes from collaborators on opposite sides of the globe, drawn together by the artistry of Knight's work and a recognition of its importance as social documentary."--Back cover.
Limited edition no. 92 of 100 copies.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Pictorial works.England.Wales -- Pictorial works.Wales.
- Pictorial works.
YCBA Collections Search
Knight, Hardwicke, Hardwicke Knight ,