Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of the genuine and valuable library of books of the Rt Hon. the Earl of Liverpool, deceased , 
- A catalogue of the genuine and valuable library of books of the Rt Hon. the Earl of Liverpool, deceased : brought from His Lordship's late residence, Coombe Wood, Surrey : comprising an excellent assemblage of history, English antiquities, Law, Divinity, General Science, Voyages and Travels, French and Italian Literature, Greek and Latin Classics, Lexicons, &c. ... : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room, in King Street, St. James's Square, on Thursday, the 19th of November, 1829, and two following days, at one o'clock precisely.
- [London] : [James Christie], 
- Physical Description:
- 36 pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 14 no. 5 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of sale: November 19-21, 1829.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices for some lots. Number 5 of 14 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf, with binder's ticket of T. Armstrong (the Strand). Armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Book auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Booksellers' catalogs -- Great Britain.Liverpool, Robert Banks Jenkinson, $c Earl of, $d 1770-1828 -- Library -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Private libraries -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.