Skinner and Dyke, A catalogue of the compleat apparatus and contents of the Laboratory at Luton House, Bedfordshire , 
- A catalogue of the compleat apparatus and contents of the Laboratory at Luton House, Bedfordshire : late the property of John Earl of Bute, deceased : comprising a numerous assortment of retorts, recipients, and other glass vessels : black lead and other crucibles : iron and other mortars : furnaces, bellows, with many other utensils, preparations, &c. used in making chemical experiments, assaying, &c. as well on a large as small scale : together with a great variety of ores of silver, copper, iron, lead, cobalt, &c. : spars, crystals, marcarsites, and other minerals : some curious petrifactions of fish, corals, &c. chiefly foreign : and other interesting subjects of natural history : also a magnificent air pump on a new construction, not finished : copper scales and weight, shelves, fixtures, &c. : which will be sold by auction by Messrs. Skinner and Dyke, at Mr. Hutchins's rooms, in King-Street and Hart-Street, Covent-Garden, on Thursday, May 30th, and following day at twelve o'clock.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Third day's sale. A catalogue of the compleat apparatus and contents of the laboratory at Luton House, Bedfordshire
- [London] : [Skinner and Dyke], 
- Physical Description:
- 8, , 17-24 pages ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6 v. 18 no. 3Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Added letterpress title page: Third day's sale. A catalogue of the compleat apparatus and contents of the laboratory at Luton House, Bedfordshire: page 
Date of sale: May 30-31, 1793.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 3 of 4 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf. Armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick. MS inscription on title page: "& on Monday June 3d 1793."
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Bute, John Stuart, Earl of, 1713-1792 -- Scientific apparatus collections -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Scientific apparatus and instruments -- Catlogs -- Early works to 1800.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.