Carey, William, 1759-1839, Lorenzo's critical letters (second series) , 1834-1835
- Lorenzo's critical letters (second series) : on the exhibition of the Worcester institution / by Wm. Carey, H.M.P.A.A., &c. &c.
- Alternate Title(s):
- At head of title: Fine arts. Modern British school
- Worcester, Eng. : Printed by Chalk and Hall, 1834-1835.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6 v. 28Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lorenzo is the pseudonym of William Carey.
BAC: British Art Center copy gilt-stamped green morocco. Armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick. Stamped in gilt on front cover: Present to the Rt. Hon. Lord Northwick, by the committee of the Worcester Institution. Imperfect: lacks volume 2.
- v. 1 Lorenzo's critical letters (second series) on the first exhibition of the Worcester institution; The exhibition of modern works of art, Athenæum ... Worcester, MDCCCXXIV, the first.--v. 2 Lorenzo's critical letters' third series, on the second exhibition of the Worcester institution.
- Subject Terms:
- Exhibitions -- England -- Worcester.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British.Painting, British.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.