The excursion down the Wye from Ross to Monmouth; comprehending, historical and descriptive accounts of Wilton and Goodrich castles, also of Court Field, the nursery of King Henry the Fifth; New Wear, and every other object in the voyage. The celebrated family of the Swifts, who resided at Goodrich, are not overlooked: and, throughout the whole are interspersed, a variety of amusing and interesting circumstances: never before collected: particularly, memoirs and anecdotes of the life of John Kyrle, esq. rendered immortal by the muse of Pope, under the character of "The man of Ross." By Charles Heath ...
- Monmouth, Printed and sold by him [i.e. C. Heath]; 1799.
- Physical Description:
- 5 p.., 162, , 163-164 p. 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 W97 H4 1799View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- At foot of p. 164: End of the first part. Continued by three other "Historical accounts ... " by the same author, published 1801-4.
- Subject Terms:
- Kyrle, John, 1637-1724.Wye, River (Wales and England)
YCBA Collections Search
Heath, Charles, 1761-1831, The excursion down the Wye from Ross to Monmouth;, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.