A description of the Colosseum as re-opened in M.DCCC.XLV. under the patronage of Her Majesty the Queen, and H.R.H. Prince Albert. With numerous illustrations, and eight coloured sections of the panorama of London, embossed by messrs. Dobbs, Bailey, & Co. This catalogue has been prepared for the proprietor by messrs. Kronheim and Skirving, engravers and designers, and the illustrations and letter-press are printed from stereotype plates cast by the patent process of messrs. Kronheim & Co., 3, Earl-street, Blackfriars.
- London, Printed by J. Wertheimer and Co., 1845.
- Physical Description:
- 24 p. ill., 21 plates (part col.) 20 x 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA687 C6 D4 1845View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : In this copy, p. -4 bound in reverse order, and p. 5-6 bound in upside down. One plate (to follow p. ) wanting?
BAC : The panorama shown in the plates was done by E.T. Parris, after Thomas Hornor.--Cf. Altick, R.D. The shows of London. Cambridge, Mass., 1978.
Plates 6-21 are eight views on eight pairs of facing plates. Each pair consists of an uncolored, keyed plate, and a colored, embossed plate.
- Subject Terms:
- Colosseum (London, England)London (England) -- Pictorial works.Panoramas.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.