IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Chambers, William, Sir, 1723-1796, A dissertation on oriental gardening;, 1773
A dissertation on oriental gardening; by Sr. William Chambers. The second edition, with additions. to which is annexed, an explanatory discourse by Tan Chetqua, of Quang-chew-fu, gent.
- London, Printed by W. Griffin [etc.] 1773.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p. ., xi, -163 p. 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSB477 C6 C5 1773+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC : Title vignette, and illustration at head of dedication leaf by F. Bartolozzi, after G.B. Cipriani.
Added t.-p. engraved has imprint date 1772.
"An explanatory discourse by Tan Chet-qua, of Quang-chew-fu ... Wherein the principles laid down in the foregoing dissertation, are illustrated and applied to practice": p. -163.
- Subject Terms:
- Landscape gardening -- China.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.