De arte graphica. The art of painting, by C. A. Du Fresnoy. With remarks. Translated into English, together with an original preface containing a parallel betwixt painting and poetry. By Mr. Dryden. As also A short account of the most eminent painters, both ancient and modern, continu'd down to the present times ... By another hand.
- London, Printed by J. Heptinstall for W. Rogers, 1695.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., lxxiv, 355,  p. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1130 D813 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1130 D813 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 2 has a presentation inscription from W.E. to M.A.T., May 20 / 17.
Added t.-p., engr.
Includes the original poem in Latin, with title: De arte graphica liber.
Rendered into English from the French translation by R. de Piles.
"A short account of the most eminent painters" ... [by R. Graham] has special t.-p.
Armorial book plate of Honble Wm. Beauchamp Lygon.
- Subject Terms:
- Painters.Painting -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.