Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of the highly valuable collection of fire arms, and costly oriental and European weapons, and a small assemblage of trinkets and jewelry of his Royal Highness the Duke of York, deceased , 
- A catalogue of the highly valuable collection of fire arms, and costly oriental and European weapons, and a small assemblage of trinkets and jewelry of his Royal Highness the Duke of York, deceased : which (by order of the executors) will be sold by auction, by Mr. Christie, at his great room, No. 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Tuesday, March 27, 1827, and the three following days, at one o'clock precisely.
- [London] : [James Christie], 
- Physical Description:
- 44 pages ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6 v. 34 no. 3Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 11393
Date of sale: March 27-30, 1827.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices and buyers' names for all lots. Number 3 of 5 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary smooth calf. Armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Coins -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Firearms -- Catalogs.Firearms.Frederick Augustus, Prince, Duke of York and Albany, 1763-1827 -- Catalogs.Frederick Augustus, Prince, Duke of York and Albany, 1763-1827.Jewelry -- Catalogs.Medals -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Weapons -- Catalogs.Weapons.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.