Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of the third portion of the very valuable collection of engravings of Christian Josi, Esq., deceased , 
- A catalogue of the third portion of the very valuable collection of engravings of Christian Josi, Esq., deceased : comprising his prints after Masters in the Flemish School : the early German engravers, Andrea Mantegna, M. Antonio, G. Bonasone, and Italian etchings by the great Bolognese Masters : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room in Pall Mall, on Tuesday, May the 26th, 1829, and two following days, at one o'clock precisely.
- [London] : [James Christie], 
[London] : Printed by W. Nicol
- Physical Description:
- 30 pages ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 34 no. 3 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 12069
Date of sale: May 26-28, 1829.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices and buyers' names for all lots. Number 3 of 4 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf, with binder's ticket of T. Armstrong (the Strand). Armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Antonio, M.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Bonasone, Giulio, approximately 1498-approximately 1580.Drawing, European -- Catalogs.Josi, Christian, -1828 -- Art collection -- Catalogs.Mantegna, Andrea, 1431-1506.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Prints, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.