Poetical sketches of Scarborough: illustrated by twenty-one engravings of humorous subjects, coloured from original designs, made upon the spot by J. Green, and etched by T. Rowlandson.
- The 2d ed.
- London, Printed for R. Ackermann, by J. Diggens, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p.., xv, 215 p. 21 col. plates (incl. front.) 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 S28 P3 1813Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 44, 230
BAC : Abbey, Scenery, 298 (Abbey copy).
BAC : Imperfect: table of contents (4th p..) wanting.--Cf. R.C. Tooley. English books with coloured plates. London, 1973, no. 423.
BAC : Some plates etched by J.C. Stadler, or J. Bluck.
Text by J.B. Papworth, Francis Wrangham, and William Combe.
- Subject Terms:
- Scarborough (England) -- Poetry.
YCBA Collections Search
Papworth, John Buonarotti, 1775-1847, Poetical sketches of Scarborough, 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.