Wheatley, Benjamin, -1837, A catalogue of a very beautiful collection of the etchings by Rembrandt , 
- A catalogue of a very beautiful collection of the etchings by Rembrandt : the property of the late Right Hon. Reginald Pole Carew, consisting of his various works, scriptural, fancy, landscapes and portraits, including the hundred guilder print, Raising of Lazarus ; Christ before Pilate ; Advocate tolling ; Burgomaster Six : and other celebrated works : the whole in the most desirable condition, and many of them in early and curious states, collected with great judgment out of the Barnard, Hibbert, Haring, and Bute collections: with some original drawings by Rembrandt : etchings by his scholars ; portfolios, &c. &c. : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Wheatley, at his Great Room, 191, Piccadilly, on Wednesday, May 13, 1835, and two following days.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Catalogue of the collection of the etchings by Rembrandt, the property of the late Right Hon, Reginald Pole Carew
- [London] : [Benjamin Wheatley], .
[London] : G. Norman
- Physical Description:
- , 30,  pages ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6 v. 36 no. 3Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-4425
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 13998
Date of sale: May 13-15, 1835.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 3 of 5 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art -- Private collections.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Drawing, European -- Catalogs.Etchings -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Pole Carew, Reginald, 1753-1835 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Pole Carew, Reginald, 1753-1835.Prints, European -- Catalogs.Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn, 1606-1669.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.