IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Walter, Stephen, 1975-, The island , 2017
The island : London mapped : 400 piece jigsaw / by Stephen Walter.
- Munich ; London ; New York : Prestel, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 jigsaw puzzle (400 pieces) : color illustrations on card ; assembled puzzle 78 x 82 cm, in box 26 x 26 x 6 cm and  pages : illustrations ; 20 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .W358 2017 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul FlorianView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Accompanied by a booklet/key to the puzzle.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original box, in unopened cellophane bag.
"Based on Stephen Walter's stunningly detailed map of London, The Island, this jigsaw puzzle offers a chance to explore the city in a whole new way. Walter converts the city's densely packed streets into a tangle of insightful yet humorous words and symbols, which reveal far more about the city than its mere physical makeup: from the places of birth of important figures and sites of historic events, to witty observations about cultural stereotypes, geographical peculiarities and fascinating local facts. This jigsaw puzzle is made up of carefully cut puzzle pieces designed to preserve the fascinating details that make up the map. Over the years, Walter's maps have gained a cult following and this jigsaw puzzle will bring his creations to a wider audience, eager to discover more about London's history and culture through this quirky, cartographic masterpiece."--Box bottom.
- Subject Terms:
- Geographical recreations -- Specimens.London (England) -- Maps.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.