IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
C. Barr & Co, C. Barr & Co. , [approximately 186-?]
C. Barr & Co. : brass & zinc plate engravers : 36, Chandos Street, Strand.
- [London], [approximately 186-?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card : illustrations ; 9 x 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHD9539.B7 B37 1862 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Engraving in all its branches."
"Chas. Barr & Son, manufacturers of brass and zinc plates, (plain O.C. or Round) for shop fronts, corner posts, door plates, &c. 36, Chandos Street, Strand, W. C. "--Verso.
"Brass window plates 6" wide. 10/2/0 pr. foot run including the name & wood work. Door plate 12 by 6 engraved with name & trade 15/8/0. Zinc plates 25 ..."--Verso.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising cards -- Great Britain.Brasswork -- England -- London -- 19th centuryC. Barr & Co.Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain.Engravers -- England -- London -- 19th century.Metal-work -- Great Britain.
Trade cards (advertising)
Engravings -- [approximately 186-?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.