[Billhead of F. Henderson, clothier & outfitter, recording purchases by Mr. G. Duncan, Imperial Hotel, 1888].
- Additional Title(s):
Bought of F. Henderson, 36 Market Street, Aberdeen
- Aberdeen, 1888.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustrations ; 18 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT737 .H46 1888 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- "A large stock of juvenile clothing in all sizes and qualities. Clothier & Outfitter, Hats, caps, Shirts, hosiery, gloves & umbrellas."
Manuscript bill, in pen and black ink, recording 9 transactions (May 18th-October 18) in which Duncan buys trousers, a girls dress, hat, gloves, overcoat repair, trouser repair, hose, and braces, totalling £6/8/6. Henderson records receipt of payment on November 10, 1888.
Engravings of various outfits and hats at top of billhead.
Printed on cream paper.
Includes a Penny Lilac tax stamp affixed at bottom.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's clothing -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Clothing trade -- Great Britain.Duncan, F., active 1888.Fashion -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Henderson, F. (Clothier)Woolen goods industry -- Great Britain.
- Receipts (financial records)
Engravings -- 1888.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henderson, F. (Clothier), [Billhead of F. Henderson, clothier & outfitter, recording purchases by Mr. G. Duncan, Imperial Hotel, 1888], 1888
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.