In memory of nearly six hundred passengers, who perished by the sinking of the saloon steamer, "Princess Alice", in the Thames, off Woolwich, September 3rd, 1878,, 1861
- In memory of nearly six hundred passengers, who perished by the sinking of the saloon steamer, "Princess Alice", in the Thames, off Woolwich, September 3rd, 1878,
- England, 1861.
- Physical Description:
- 1 card : embossing ; 8 x 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3390 .P756 1878 BoxAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Memorial card in remembrance of the 600 hundred passengers who died in the sinking of the steamship the Princess Alice. Black background on cream card with printed letterpress and embossed and cut paper Gothic tracery overlay. Mourning symbols include a weeping willow, an angel and a listing ship.
- Subject Terms:
- Death.Grief.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.Princess Alice (Steamship)Steamboat disasters -- England -- Thames River.
- Memorial cards.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.