IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
W. Alexander & Son, W. Alexander & Son, printers, booksellers, stationers, and book-binders , [approximately 1830?]
W. Alexander & Son, printers, booksellers, stationers, and book-binders : W. A. & Son are also dealers in London paper hangings, and borders : in writing desks, dressing cases, work boxes, Pocket books, dissected maps, hand and pole screens, and a great variety of other articles : Castlegate, York.
- [York], [approximately 1830?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card : engraving ; 11 x 8 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ323 .W35 1830 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- W. Alexander & Son traded at this address from 1823-1841.
Trade card for W. Alexander & Son. Engraving by Green on verso is of the W. Alexander & Son storefront. Text: "Drawings let out to copy. Drawing material in general, sold here."
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- Booksellers and bookselling.Advertising -- Stationery.Artists' materials -- Great Britain.Booksellers and bookselling -- England -- York.Trade cards (advertising)W. Alexander & Son.
Engravings -- 1830.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.