Bengough & Son : trunk, portmanteau & plate chest manufacturers.
- [London], [approximately 1842]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card : engraving ; 8 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHD9970.L85 B46 1842 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Ann Bengough & Son, trunk maker, are listed as trading at this address in the 1842 London Street Directory.
Trade card for Bengough & Son printed on cream card. Illustrated with engravings of a mule, carriage and bedstead.
"Improved solid leather portmanteaus, gentlemen's hat cases, ladies bonnet boxes, a large assortment of carpet travelling bags."
"Camel, mule & bullock trunks for the Indies."
"Imperials, trunks &c. Made and fitted to carriages.:
"Old trunks repaired and taken in exchange. Brush cases, canteensm packing cases on the shortest notice."
"Officers brass, iron & wood bedsteads."
"Officers & cadets equipped for all parts of the world. Merchants & Captains supplied."
- Subject Terms:
- Bengough & Son.Leather goods -- England -- London.Trunks (Luggage) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- [approximately 1842]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.