Yale Center for British Art. Reference Library and Archives, Yale Center for British Art Reference Library and Archives Department records,
- Yale Center for British Art Reference Library and Archives Department records, 1973-2015.
- Physical Description:
- 36 linear feet (36 boxes)
- Institutional ArchivesA029Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Email]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a description and listing of collection contents in the finding aid
- Archives & Manuscripts
- This collection is unprocessed and may not be available for immediate access.
The Reference Library contains over 30,000 titles and 80 current periodicals devoted to British art, artists, and culture from the fifteenth through twenty-first centuries. Formats include periodicals and auction catalogues, catalogues raisonnés, biographies, architectural surveys, ephemera, microfilm, and recorded lectures. The Reference Library also contains the Photograph Archive, a study collection of over 200,000 photographic reproductions of British artworks from the sixteenth to early twentieth century, mainly from collections in the United States, Canada, and Australia. The Center's Institutional Archives is the official repository for all historical documentation of the Center, recording its development from its inception in the mid-1960s to the present.
This collection consists of Reference Library and Archives department administrative records, documentation of the Reference Library's book collection, and documents pertaining to the development of its Photograph Archive.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Reproduction.Art, British.Museums -- Management.Yale Center for British Art.