Yale Center for British Art. Prints and Drawings Department, Yale Center for British Art Prints and Drawings Department records,
- Yale Center for British Art Prints and Drawings Department records, 1975-2018.
- Physical Description:
- 99.37 linear feet (100 boxes)
- Institutional ArchivesA026Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Email]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a description and listing of collection contents in the finding aid
- Archives & Manuscripts
- This collection is unprocessed and may not be available for immediate access.
The Prints and Drawings department has more than 20,000 drawings and watercolors and 30,000 prints. The collection offers a comprehensive view of the development of British graphic art from the Tudor age to the twenty-first century. There is a particular emphasis on the British watercolor school of the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries. Areas of specialized interest include topographical prints, caricatures, mezzotint portraits, sporting prints, architectural drawings, Shakespearean subjects, and works relating to the former British Empire.
The Prints and Drawings department records document the department's curatorial activities from 1975 to 2018. The collection includes administrative documents, correspondence, acquisition records, exhibition records, and documentation of curators' scholarship and research.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Collectors and collecting.Art museum curators -- United States.Art, British.Yale Center for British Art.