Brannon, Philip, 1817-1890, Philip Brannon, artist, engraver, printer, publisher , [approximately 1845]
Philip Brannon, artist, engraver, printer, publisher : 32, above bar, Southampton.
- [Southampton], [approximately 1845]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card : engraving ; 6 x 9 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ232.B82 P45 1845 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title within engraved frame of multiple scenes. Included is the storefront of Philip Brannon, landscapes and a fortress.
Trade card of Philip Brannon, of Southampton, England. In the 1840's Brannon moved to Southampton and set up a workshop as a printer, engraver, publisher, and jobbing artist. He illustrated his own publications, as well as collaborating on many others.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- Engravers.Advertising -- Printers.Advertising -- Printing industry.Advertising -- Publishers and publishing.Brannon, Philip, 1817-1890.Printers -- England -- Southampton.
- Trade cards (advertising)
Engravings -- [approximately 1845]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.