Armstrong, Walter, Sir, 1850-1918, Gainsborough & his place in English art , 1898
Gainsborough & his place in English art / by Walter Armstrong ; with sixty-two photogravures and ten lithographic facsimiles in colour.
- London : Heinemann ; 1898.
New York : Scribner, 1898.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 214 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 39 x 32 cm.
- Reference LibraryFolio F N 26Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BEIN 310: Imperfect: front. and plates no. I, XX, XXXI, XXXIV, and plate facing p. 160 wanting. Autograph of Chauncey Brewster Tinker.
Plates accompanied by guard sheets with descriptive letterpress.
"Catalogue of pictures by Thomas Gainsborough": p. -209.
Title vignette (port.)
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Gainsborough, Thomas, 1727-1788.Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Autograph.