Gainsborough & his place in English art / by Walter Armstrong ; with sixty-two photogravures and ten lithographic facsimiles in colour.
- London : Heinemann ; 1898.
New York : Scribner, 1898.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 214 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 39 x 32 cm.
- Reference LibraryFolio F N 26Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- BEIN 310: Imperfect: front. and plates no. I, XX, XXXI, XXXIV, and plate facing p. 160 wanting. Autograph of Chauncey Brewster Tinker.
Plates accompanied by guard sheets with descriptive letterpress.
"Catalogue of pictures by Thomas Gainsborough": p. -209.
Title vignette (port.)
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Gainsborough, Thomas, 1727-1788.Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Autograph.
YCBA Collections Search
Armstrong, Walter, Sir, 1850-1918, Gainsborough & his place in English art , 1898