Yale Center for British Art. Institutional Archives, Collection of Mellon Family and Yale Center for British Art-related Publications,
- Collection of Mellon Family and Yale Center for British Art-related Publications, 1963-2018.
- Physical Description:
- 9 linear feet (5 boxes)
- Institutional ArchivesA010.Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Email]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a description and listing of collection contents in the finding aid
- Archives & Manuscripts
- This collection is available without restrictions.
This collection contains publications related to the Yale Center for British Art and its directors, Paul Mellon, Rachel Lambert Mellon, the Mellon family, and Louis I. Kahn.
Series 1: Paul Mellon and Mellon family-related publications contain publications that address topics that detail the lives of Paul Mellon and other Mellon family members, including Rachel "Bunny" Lambert Mellon and Andrew W. Mellon, as well as titles that relate to Paul Mellon's collection of sporting and British art, exhibitions of works from his collection, homes, charitable foundations, as well as books about Rachel Mellon's gardening and library of rare books relating to horticulture.
Series 2: Paul Mellon Centre and Yale Center for British Art-related Publications includes books related to the Paul Mellon Centre in London, and the founding, architecture, and art collection of the Yale Center for British Art. Titles in this series also explore Louis Kahn's designs and vision for the Center and the importance of Mellon's legacy to the Yale community.
Series 3: Publications by Directors of the Yale Center for British Art includes books written by former directors of the Yale Center for British Art, including: Jules Prown, Edmund Pillsbury, Duncan Robinson, Patrick McCaughy, and Amy Meyers.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century.Art -- History.Art, British.Gardening -- United States.Kahn, Louis I., 1901-1974.Mellon, Paul.Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art.Yale Center for British Art.Yale University. Alumni.