Howle, J. (Tailor), [Gentlemen's fitting measurements diagram for use by tailors], [approximately 1820-1830]
- [Gentlemen's fitting measurements diagram for use by tailors].
- [London], [approximately 1820-1830]
- Physical Description:
- 1 card : illustrations ; 6 x 9 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT570 .H69 1820 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Title supplied by cataloger.
"J. Howle, 8, Conduit Street, Regent Street."
Displays 13 steps instructing on how to measure a gentleman for clothing. Includes a diagram.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Clothing trade -- Great Britain.Fashion -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Howle, J. (Tailor)London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Men's clothing -- England -- London.Tailoring -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Tailors -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
Trade cards (advertising)
Etchings -- [approximately 1820-1830]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.