A photographic tour among the abbeys of Yorkshire / by Philip H. Delamotte and Joseph Cundall ; with descriptive notices, by John Richard Walbran, F.S.A. ... and William Jones, F.S.A.
- London : Bell and Daldy, 1856.
[London] : Chiswick Press, printed by C. Whittingham
- Physical Description:
- , 50 pages,  leaves of plates : 23 albumen prints from wet collodion negatives ; 45 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2019 19Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Gernsheim, H. Incunabula of British photographic literature, no. 54
Encyclopedia of nineteenth-century photography, page 406
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's green quarter morocco and green cloth, stamped in gold on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Abbeys -- England -- Yorkshire.Architectural photography.Bolton Abbey (Bolton Abbey, England)Easby Abbey (North Yorkshire, England)Fountains Abbey (North Yorkshire, England)Kirkstall Abbey.Rievaulx Abbey (North Yorkshire, England)
- Fountains Abbey
- Easby Abbey
- Rivaulx [i.e. Rievaulx] Abbey
- Kirkstall Abbey
- Bolton Priory.