Joseph Wilson : umbrella & whip maker, to their Royal Highnesses the Princess of Wales & Dutchess of York : no. 33 near Villers Street, Strand.
- [London] , [approximately 1802?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card : illustrations ; 8 x 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT649.8 .W55 1802 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Neele.
Trade card of Joseph Wilson; cream card with engraved text; engravings of an umbrella and riding whip. Royal crest at top.
Joseph Wilson is listed as trading at this address in 1802.--Monthly visitor and entertaining pocket companion. v. 15
"Great variety of fancy candle screens."
"Patent Hammer Cloths."
"Walking canes, Riding Whips, etc."
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Dress accessories -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Umbrellas -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Whips -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Wilson, Joseph, active 1802.
- Engravings -- [approximately 1802?]
Trade cards (advertising)
YCBA Collections Search
Wilson, Joseph, active 1802, Joseph Wilson , [approximately 1802?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.