Ruskin, Turner & the storm cloud , 2019
- Ruskin, Turner & the storm cloud / edited by Suzanne Fagence Cooper and Richard Johns.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Ruskin, Turner and the storm cloud
- London : Paul Holberton Publishing, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 120 pages : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.R895 A12 2019 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes index.
"Published to accompany the exhibition "Ruskin, Turner & the Storm Cloud", York Art Gallery, 29 March - 28 June 2019 ; Abbot Hall Art Gallery, 11 July - 5 October 2019"--Title page--verso.
Ruskin, Turner & the Storm Cloud presents new writing on John Ruskin's vision of art and its relationship with modern society and a changing environment. As part of the re-evaluation of Ruskin, 200 years after his birth in 1819, art historians, scientists, geographers, artists and curators explore the critic's lifelong commitment to the painted landscapes of JMW Turner and his own artistic ambitions, as well as his prophetic concerns about the world's darkening skies, pollution and psychological turbulence. Exhibition: York Art Gallery, UK (23.03.-23.06.2019) / Abbot Hall Art Gallery, Kendal, UK (11.07.-05.10.2019).
- Subject Terms:
- Art and society -- History -- 19th century.Art and society.Landschaftsmalerei.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 -- Criticism and interpretation.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 -- Exhibitions.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900.Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851 -- Criticism and interpretation.Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851 -- Exhibitions.Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851.Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851.Turner, Joseph Mallord William, 1775-1851.Ästhetik.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.