- Cobridge, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ca. 1842.
- Physical Description:
- 1 jug : relief-molded blue stoneware, glazed ; height 24 cm (including handle), width 18 cm (including handle), depth 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsParks Jug 32Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- "The design of this blue stoneware jug is obviously copied from Ridgway's 'Jousting Jug' ... Stags both running and in repose replace the jousting figures of Ridgway."--Hughes, Kathy. Collector's guide to nineteenth-century jugs, v. 1, no. 45.
The present version of the jug lacks a maker's mark; other versions have "S. Hughes & Co." stamped on the underside of the foot.
Title from Hughes's Collector's guide.
Hughes, Kathy. Collector's guide to nineteenth-century jugs, v. 1, no. 45
Henrywood, R. K. Relief-moulded jugs, 1820-1900, pages 200-201
- Subject Terms:
- Deer.Gothic revival (Art)Parks, Stephen -- Provenance.Stags (Deer)
- Jugs (vessels)
Glazed ceramic ware (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.