Queen Victoria Diamond Jubilee glove box.
- Great Britain, circa [1897?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 box ; 26 cm in height, 33 cm in width, 26 cm in depth
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFlat B 20Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The box is in the form of a crown atop a red velvet cushion with braided metallic fringe. The rigid faux cushion consists of two pieces that form a shallow box, hinged at the back and with a lock at front. The box interior is lined with white moire. With four metal feet in the form of globus cruciger (orb and cross). Includes a small brass key, accompanied by metallic braids.
The crown broadly resembles St Edward's Crown, with red velvet cap, faux gemstones and pearls, and faux ermine border.
Accompanied by three pairs of women's white leather full length dress gloves. Also present is a blue sateen panel (13 x 16 cm) with a diagonal stripe of white on which is printed in gold "Diamond Jubilee."
- Subject Terms:
- Crowns -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Anniversaries, etc., 1897.
- Glove boxes.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.