Fragments / Norman Ackroyd.
- [Yorkshire] : [Norman Ackroyd], 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 12 prints : aquatints ; plate marks 14 x 22 cm, on sheets 23 x 28 cm, in box 26 x 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2019 23Yale Center for British Art, Gift of the artist in memory of Jason Bacon, Yale BA 1956View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title, contents, and colophon from printed sheet (folded twice) accompanying the portfolio of prints.
"The twelve etchings are published in editions of 90 with 2 exhibition proofs and 2 printers' proofs. Numbers 1-50 and the proofs are collated into boxed sets ... The etchings are printed by Neil Woodall in Yorkshire from copper plates etched by the artist. The paper is 280 gsm Somerset rag from St. Cuthbert's Mill, Somerset, England. The solander box is built by Smith-Settle in Yorkshire. Typography and letterpress by Niamh Clancy."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 31 of 90. Each etching is titled, numbered ("31/90"), signed, and dated by Ackroyd, in graphite. In original cloth-covered box.
The 12 etchings of coastal areas of the British Isles are interleaved with poems and songs selected by Ackroyd, the latter printed on sheets of translucent Japanese paper.
- Subject Terms:
- British Isles.Coasts -- British Isles.Hebrides (Scotland)Islands -- British Isles.
- Aquatints -- 2018.
- Etchings: 1. The Anvil
- 2. Sula and Rain
- 3. Butt of Lewis
- 4. The Atlantic from Flannan
- 5. Soay Sound
- 6. Mina Stack
- 7. The Sea of the Hebrides
- 8. Benbulben
- 9. Puffin Island
- 10. Little Skellig
- 11. Stour Estuary
- 12. Hambleton Hills.
- Poems:  Lycidas / Milton
-  Directions for a map / Alistair Reid
-  No face, no name, no number / Steve Winwood
-  The people before / Douglas Dunn
-  Soay sound / Lawrence Sail
-  Poem in October / Dylan Thomas
-  Helpless / Neil Young
-  Field guide / Andrew McNeillie
-  Postscript / Seamus Heaney
-  Bagpipe music / Louis MacNeice
-  America / Paul Simon
-  A Shropshire lad / A.E. Housman.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.