Anti-Corn Law League, [Campaign card advertising the free trade movement, and the Free Trade Star], [approximately 1844]
- [Campaign card advertising the free trade movement, and the Free Trade Star].
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], [approximately 1844]
- Physical Description:
- 1 campaign card : color illustrations ; 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHF2043 .A58 1844 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Title supplied by cataloger.
The Free Trade Star is an 8 pointed star composed of Cobden, Bright, Gibson, Bowring, Thompson, W. J. Fox, Wilson and Villiers. The main proponents of the movement are listed within the star. At the foot of the card is a poem celebrating the benefits of Free Trade.
"The league is of no party."
- Subject Terms:
- Anti-Corn-Law League.Campaign literature -- Great Britain.Corn laws (Great Britain)Corn laws (Great Britain) -- Poetry.Free trade -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- History -- 1800-1850.Tariff -- Law and legislation -- Great Britain.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- [approximately 1844]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.