[Two double-sided program cards of recitations that took place at the Maidstone Grammar school dated Dec. 22, 1834 and Dec. 20, 1836].
- Maidstone : Hall and Son, 1834-1836.
- Physical Description:
- 2 cards ; 11-13 cm and 1 vellum wallet ; 13 x 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF795.M35 M35 1834 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Program cards of recitations that records readings from Shakespeare and various classics with the scholars' names noted, and sometimes corrected and deleted, in pen and ink. One card bears the ownership name of E. Penfold, Esq. who is noted on both cards.
Accompanied by an original hand-made wallet cut from a late 17th or 18th century vellum legal document, edged in pink silk, with silk ties.
- Subject Terms:
- Education -- England -- Maidstone.Maidstone Grammar School (Maidstone, England) -- History.Penfield, E. -- Provenance.Programs -- England -- Maidstone -- 1834-1836.
- Vellum (parchment)
YCBA Collections Search
Maidstone Grammar School (Maidstone, England), [Two double-sided program cards of recitations that took place at the Maidstone Grammar school dated Dec. 22, 1834 and Dec. 20, 1836], 1834-1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.